Another interesting flavor from Indomie – Beef & Lime flavor also known as ‘Rasa Soto Mei’ locally in Indonesia!
“Soto Mie” is an Indonesian spicy noodle dish. There are some variants of soto mei and it can be made from chicken, beef or other meats. I have another version of ‘Soto Mie’ which has chicken flavoring instead of beef. Sounds exciting!
- Boil noodles in briskly boiling water (400ml) and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix all seasoning sachets (according to taste) in a bowl while noodles are being cooked.
- Stir noodles with seasonings. Mix well and serve.
One can never have a complain with Indomie noodle blocks, these are perfection!
As always a complex mix of seasonings and this is another reason why I absolutely adore Indomie.
- Bumbu is the dry seasoning and has a lemony aroma. Bumbu recipes use certain collection or combination of different spices and the list is exhaustive! In addition they have – garlic powder, leek, onion powder and lime flavor in here.
- Cabe i.e. the chilli powder
- Minyak Bumbu or the seasoning oil which has traces of – palm oil, onion, garlic, herbs and candlenut! It has an intense aroma.
Interestingly these seem to be ‘meat/beef free’! So technically these beef flavored noods are vegetarian!
Ok well, this was supposed to be a noodle soup. Oops. In my over confidence, I did not read the instructions and made these how I usually like my migo.
I will do a re-review soon!
Noodles once cooked are great as always with a good chew to them!
Too much lime for my liking! I love what the other flavours are doing to this dish, but for me the excessive sourness is dampening it. But maybe it would have been fine if I had made the soupy version, as I was supposed to….
This flavor is passable although I was expecting much more from this. Also, I’m to blame for not following the instructions but I have a feeling I will like the soupy version even lesser. IDK!
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used non-commercially. Provided that full and clear credit is given to Shruti Gupta and Instant Noodle Me with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.